Monday, March 14, 2011

Save when buying Text Books

Here's how I save when I buy my Text Books.

1. I rarely EVER "buy" my books, instead I RENT the books.
2. I NEVER buy at the book store, I can always find it online, and I only go with free shipping.
3. I click through Ebates and receive cashback on my purchase.

Ebates has numerous sites that sell and rent text books. They also provide cashback on eBay purchases (I bought a used book on eBay for $2.50 this semester, free shipping, and received 3% cashback!)

Textbookstop.com has a Rent back program that is pretty cool! You go to one of their locations and  sell them your textbook whenever you would like (even in the middle of a semester), then rent it back for only $1 Here's what they say
"Need some extra cash? Rather not deal with the end of semester rush?
That’s why we created RentBack. RentBack allows you to sell your textbooks when you want to, without hassles or headaches. Simply come in to one of our 200+ locations, recieve cash for your books, and immediately rent them back for only $1 each. Once finals are over, return the books back to us; it couldn’t be easier."

No comments:

Post a Comment