Friday, March 18, 2011

Did Ya Know? **Store Policies**

Did Ya Know that it is ALWAYS beneficial to know the policy of the store you are shopping at? Many stores offer discounts or even give you the item free if it rings up the wrong price. Grocery stores, and even department stores offer this. Make sure you read that little sign next to the cash registers or behind the receipt that many of us ignore. It could mean a free item or discount for you!!





My Personal Experience:
My mother-in-law and I were shopping at Sears after Christmas clearance and they had a sign that advertised 75% OFF ALL CHRISTMAS ITEMS. I scanned a CUTE knit Christmas pillow to check the price on it, it rang up $6, instead of the $3 it should have been. Sears's policy states that if the price rings up wrong from the advertised price, they will either a) reduce the price it should have been by $5 if  the price is $5+  or b) if the price is less than $5, they give it to you free. So, I informed the associate that the price was showing up wrong and he said he would fix it. I politely told him that I should get it free since it was less than $5. He called his manager over and his manager said he would give me the pillow for $3, what it should have been. I again politely informed him while pointing to their policy, that policy states the item should be free since it was under $5. He rolled his eyes and gave it to me free.

Don't ever be to speak up if you think something is wrong with prices. Always do it respectfully. I've also done this with many of my daughter's clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment