Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Did Ya Know? **Price Adjustments***

We are going to post a "Did Ya Know" daily, giving you advice and information about ways to save money that you might not have known. At the end of each Did Ya Know, there will be a personal experience from yours truly to show how I saved money.

Today's Did Ya Know is Price Adjustments.

Did ya know that many stores offer price adjustments? Price adjustments are when you adjust the price of something you bought that went on sale after you bought it. This happens to all of us, and we all kick our selves when it happens. But MANY stores (Bath and Body Works, Old Navy, to name a few) offer price adjustments. Next time you go in to a store, look at the back of your receipt. The price adjustment policy should be stated there, if not, ask someone who's working what their price adjustment rule is. The store will adjust the price for you if what you bought went on sale within a certain time frame. You can even do this with coupons!!



My Personal Experience:
My husband took me on an impromptu shopping trip. We went to Bath and Body Works to make a large purchase. When I got home, I realized that I had a coupon we could have used for $10 off. I went back to the store, and the cashier gave me the $10 credit on a gift card. I bought more stuff with the gift card and was a happy camper.

I also bought a shirt from Old Navy that went on sale the next day. I went back to show my receipt, and they gave me the difference in price in cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment